Sunday, October 23, 2011

it's better to be a quasar!

I'm drunk right now but it doesn't matter. I had my first shift at Bestbuy today, and it sucked. I don't want to work retail anymore, it's a black hole of shitiness. I want to write epic stories about things that are awesome, and I don't give a fuck about how difficult it is to make a living at it, because if i work at it, then i will make it happen. Writing is the best thing in the goddamn universe and i enjoy it. I write because I can, and because i like it, so whatever the fuck exists out there to prevent me from doing so is ridiculous and non-existent. This is the thing that I have trouble with sometimes, but in reality it's a non-entity, a matter of no concern. Today I went to chapters and read this book by Richard Knaak called Wolf-heart, and it's a story that had to do with events that had taken place in the World of Warcraft. Obviously this Knaak guy knew what he was doing when he sat down and started coming up with ideas for these novels that he formulated into page after page of tales that related to a video game which most people I associate with are familiar with in some way, and I bet he loves what he does. I want to love what I do, and I want to make a comfortable living at it. I want to write novels, stories, fiction, non-fiction, and all of the above. I've devoted hours of each day reading and writing what I consider to be relevant, and, keeping in my the reason for doing so, and I'm not going to work at Bestbuy forever, fuck that nonsense. I like the people there and the environment seems tolerable, so I don't even know what I'm bitching about, forget about it!

I'm in a very dejected mood at the moment and things are, in my mind, making far less sense than they will tomorrow, when i will be un-drunk, and more focused on what it is i've set my mind to - which is a lot, but it doesn't fucking matter. I'll do it. Get er done. That's seriously what I'm about at this point. Fuck all this black hole nonsense, it's better to be a quasar.

No comments:

Post a Comment